- 100 g of spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 100 g of roasted beets, peeled
- The juice from half a lemon
- 2 tbsp of walnuts
- 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese + 1 tbsp for presentation
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced into half-moons
- 20 g of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Oil for frying
In a large pot, boil the water and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain well and set aside.
In a high-edged bowl, blend the garlic, beets, lemon juice, walnuts, 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese and olive oil with a hand blender. The beet pesto should be completely smooth. Add salt and pepper, if necessary.
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and fry for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add the beet pesto, red kidney beans and drained spaghetti, mix well and cook for 1-2 extra minutes.
Put the pasta into the MB Element insulated lunch box and sprinkle with some parmesan cheese.