Beans, chickpeas, or mushrooms? We all have a few tin cans in our kitchen cupboard! It’s convenient and helpful! But once they’re empty, we throw them away. What if you did something else and recycle them?
Give them a new life and transform these containers into unique trendy decorative objects: create a mini garden of aromatic herbs, ideal for seasoning your bento boxes and other homemade dishes. A kitchen must-have!
– 3 tin cans of food
– 3 aromatic plants
– 3 slates
– 1 chalk
– 1 brush
– Outdoor metal paint (the color of your choice)
1. Remove the labels. Wash the tin cans and dry them.
2. Paint the tin cans. Then let them dry for a few hours (refer to the drying time of your paint). Apply a second coat of paint (if necessary) according to expected opacity. 😉
3. Once dry, repot the aromatic plants in the tin cans.
4. Chalk write the names of these plants on the slates, then place them.
Tip: choose your paint carefully! We picked a special paint for metal and exterior use for a better durability.
The bonus: using a nail and a hammer, drill two small holes at the ends of your box. Then insert a rope (jute rope or macramé rope) in the holes. You will obtain a mini hanging garden.
Going reusable is very important to monbento. This DIY is a way to create useful and cute (unique) objects and to do something against waste.
So if you have a present to make, or just want to please yourself, we hope this will give you some inspiration! Now it’s up to you to express your creativity and make an object that looks like you. 😉