For a 3/3 MB Silicase mould:
25g (50 ml) oats
25g (40 ml) almonds
25g (50 ml) white or whole spelt flour
1 pinch vanilla powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
A few squares dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1/2 ripe banana + 1/2 for decorating
25g, ca 5 natural dates, soaked in a little hot water if hard
2 tbsp (20g) extra virgin olive oil
100 ml warm water
1. In a blender, blend all dry ingredients apart from the chocolate, to a flour. Don’t worry if there are still some visible almond or oat pieces.
2. Place the dry ingredients + chopped chocolate in a bowl.
3. Without washing your blender out, blend banana, dates, olive oil and water.
4. Fold the wet ingredients gently into the dry without mixing too much. It’s fine if there are still some lumps of flour. The consistency should be like very loose porridge.
5. Pour into the 3/3 MB Silicase mould.
6. Use the remaining half banana to decorate the top.
7. Bake at 180ºC for 35 minutes, until the cake doesn’t ‘wobble’ when you move the mould.
8. Let cool in the mould.
TIP: If you want to use a 1/3 or 2/3 MB Silicase mould, divide quantities by 1/3 or 2/3 and reduce baking time.